Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where Can I Get Yeduc In Chicago

Two Candles for the Devil (Laura Gallego Garcia)

Genre: Fantasy

"If you light a candle for God, turn it into two for the Devil" - Bulgarian proverb.

Nowadays nobody believes in angels, even if there are people who believe in demons. Yet the angels really do exist. They have always existed. How do I know? Because my father was one. Before being murdered. I've got only one thing in mind: to find the demon who did it and kill it with my own hands.


The opinion of the Mammoth:

Sometimes it seems that the existence of us plays funny tricks! For example, there are books that you are almost sure to hate, and you end up incense. And there are others, those for whom there is the exact opposite. This book, unfortunately, one of them!

I say "unfortunately" because I was pretty sure I could to love this novel. Why? Mainly because I had such a crush on Idhun that dislike another novel the author seemed impossible.

But ... nothing is impossible I should remember. For I have not hooked to the story of angels and demons. Heroin has never published endearing, instead, it annoyed me from the first pages, and this initial annoyance soon turned to frustration as a frank and as the chapters on coming. So much so that I do violence to finish the book.

The story is too talkative, and finally ... the plot is "flat", if there is a nother term. I found the evolution of it all too easy to predict. In fact, at times, this book reminded me of some films released in the afternoon over a channel whose name starts with an M and ends with a 6 ... The mixture sentimentalo-fantastico-dramatic I quickly tired of the same side as the stereotyped characters, beginning with the narrator.

A real disappointment, then, but I hope the other novels by Laura Gallego Garcia will make me forget that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment