Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday Lakers Cakes

Exile Angels (Gilles Legardinier)

Genre: thriller

They do not know, but a common dream gave them an appointment in a mysterious Chapel of the Highlands in Scotland. Valeria Peter and Stefan are unaware they are living proof of a groundbreaking discovery into the intricacies of memory made twenty years earlier by two scientists disappeared. A discovery that many would appropriate - at any price. To escape those who track them, they have no other choice but to trace the origin of the secret they are the ultimate guardians. Their memories are sanctuaries. To them to find the keys ...


The opinion of the Mammoth:


Attention discovery!

Much to my shame, I must confess that I read very little French authors ... My tastes (and my habits, surely) leads me naturally to the novels' Made in the U.S. "and I fail a little too French writers ...

That said, one thing is for sure, I'll follow closely the career of this writer then, because I really enjoyed this book, which explores skillfully the kind of thriller yet difficult!

I hung on this story the first line, and I devoured it in one afternoon (the sick, it is good sometimes !)... I even felt a twinge of sadness when the word END has become, because I would have liked to continue the adventure with the three protagonists, who are all very endearing, each in a different genre.

Sure, sometimes there are some infelicities of style (a reference to "tu" a bit misplaced, since the story takes place in Scotland, and then in English!) And some sequences are a little too fast sometimes too easy ... but who cares, this thriller has really hypnotized, until the final page!

A real surprise and a real favorite!

mammouthesque A thank you to BoB Editions and Pocket for this discovery!


0 comments:

Post a Comment