Friday, January 21, 2011

Konad With Normal Polish

Percy Jackson: Volume 4 (Rick Riordan)

Genre: Youth / Fantasy


The big fight will start ... The life of Percy is threatened. The Army is preparing to attack Cronus Colony Half-Blood, taking the Labyrinth of Daedalus. Percy and his friends must find Daedalus before Cronos and do everything for him block the road. But travel in the underground hell is not easy ... especially when the path is strewn with terrible traps. "Come to the successor to Harry Potter, Percy Jackson here, who now has legions of fans!"

The opinion of the Mammoth:

This already been said, the mammoth is a big fan of Percy Jackson, ever since the very first meeting! This is probably why he was reluctant to read both Volume 4, announcing the end of the saga ...

But hey, this poor book could still not take the dust forever, that's why I decided to get out of hibernation! As always, it was read quickly, too quickly! Two small parties, and hop the next!

The verdict, he ... Well, curiously, it is a little more mixed than for the previous three volumes. I struggle to explain why, but this tome, there seemed a little more "longish" than others. I felt that ideas had missed a bit to the author, that sometimes he did not know how to run his characters, and he sought to fill gaps with passages not always very exciting ... It comes perhaps from me, maybe I'm tired of this world without realizing it, but I'd be surprised! Let this poor qu'exhiler Grover in 3 / 4 of the story seemed awkward ... As if the author, not knowing what he could do of this character, had decided to exclude completely the adventure!

Moreover, the way the relationship Percy / Annabeth operates does not please me more than that ... At times these two downright annoyed me!

As for the plot itself, it is actually quite predictable. Given the title, I expected a real battle, epic, and I thought it was a little too quickly shipped.

A small disappointment, then, let me say that after all, the end of the series may be desirable ... Even the best ideas eventually die, no being inexhaustible lode!

0 comments:

Post a Comment